The Long Island Capital Alliance, a local business development organization, has announced panelists and five health-care product and services companies have been selected to present at its Healthcare Capital Forum on Nov. 7.
Panelists for the forum include executives from Setauket-based venture capital firm Jove Equity Partners LLC, and the Small Business Technology Investment Fund at Empire State Development.
The health care companies selected to present their business plans will pitch to an audience of venture capital firms, investment banks, private equity firms and individual investors.
The companies include:
* AdMedDev: An affiliate of Stony Brook University that provides sensors and wireless medical devices used in tracking and analyzing data associated with medical specimens.
* Anschel Technology: Based in Rocky Point, it produces the SightSaver, a device designed to prevent post-operative vision loss.
* PAXmed: San Diego-based company that accelerates the development of device startups in the medical field.
* Symbiotic Health: Partner of North Shore University Hospital that delivers fecal matter in oral medication as a therapeutic treatment for infection caused by the depletion of microbes due to antibiotics.
* Traverse Biosciences: Stony Brook-based startup working to commercialize a drug to control canine periodontal disease.
The forum will run from 8 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at 68 South Service Rd., Melville. For more information or to register, go to licapital.org.