Next month, Long Island businessmen moonlighting as "The Hammer" and "Spider" will step into the boxing ring as part of the 10th Fight for Charity Event.
The aliases "Spider" and "The Hammer" belong to Kevin Kelly, the chief creative officer at BigBuzz Marketing Group in Melville, and Sal Ferro, president of Alure Home Improvements in Plainview, respectively.
The two are part of the 20 participants from the local business community that will be fighting in the charity event Nov. 25 at Carlyle at the Palace in Plainview.
The matchup of Kelly and Ferro, as well as for the other boxers, was announced last night. The participants, named earlier this year, have already been training for the fight.
The other matchups include:
• Terese “The Knockout” Arenth, a resident of Glen Cove and a partner with the law firm of Moritt Hock & Hamroff, LLP in Garden City vs. Joanne “The Tigress” Hutchins, a resident of Bayville and founder of Moms Who Kick Inc. in Oyster Bay.
• Wendy “The Sweetest Sin” Sincuir, a resident of Lindenhurst who works for American Business in New York vs. Roseanne “Ro-Hammad Ali” Beovich, a resident of Garden City and associate attorney at Genser, Dubow, Genser & Cona, LLP in Melville.
• Steve “SlowHand” Bernstein, a resident of Old Bethpage and president of The Southampton Hospital Foundation in Southampton vs. Jamie “Fly Boy” Austin, founder and boxer, resident of Dix Hills owner of Austin Travel, a Protravel International Company in Syosset.
• Keith “The Realtor” Dawson, a resident of Patchogue and Realtor for Douglas Elliman Real Estate in Patchogue vs. Leaf “Field Artillery” Steuernagel, a resident of Bellport and owner/operator of Veteran Landscaping in Bellport.
• Steven “The Tank” East resident of NYC president and chief executive of Caring People, a home health care agency with offices in Queens and Central Islip vs. Scott "The Diversifier” Zuckerman, a resident of Bellmore and chief executive of Wexford Financial Strategies in Woodmere.
• Joe “The Limo King of the Ring” Palumbo, a resident of Westbury and managing partner at Camelot Specialty Limos in Farmingdale vs. Alex ‘’El Torito the Baby Bull’’ Gallego, a resident of East Norwich and Senior vice president/Investments Branch manager, Stifel in Oyster Bay
• Hugh “Hands of Stone” Tanchuck, a resident of Glen Head and owner of North Shore Architectural Stone in Brookville vs. Michael “The Closer” Haltman, a resident of Woodbury and owner of Hallmark Abstract Service LLC in Woodbury.
• Body Shots Boxer vs. Bill “Samurai” Mabanta, a resident of Holtsville and vice president at Lab Crafters in Ronkonkoma.
• Robert “The Tax Reducer” Renda, a resident of Massapequa and an Associate in the Tax Certiorari Department at Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana, LLP in Uniondale vs. Jarrett Plafker
Partners for the following participants are pending:
• Jeff “The Founder” Cohen, Founder and Boxer, resident of St. James
• Christine “Crusher” Ippolito, a resident of Dix Hills and Principal at Compass Workforce Solutions, LLC in Melville
• Christopher “The Telecom Guy” Whittelsey, a resident of Huntington Station and vice president at NBC Solutions Corp in Huntington