Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that it will partner with the Ohio-Canada Business Association to host an event on November 12, 2015 at the Athletic Club of Columbus.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (PRWEB) November 04, 2015
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that it will partner with the Ohio-Canada Business Association to host an event on November 12, 2015 at the Athletic Club of Columbus that will discuss the impacts of Canada’s recent federal elections on the Canada-U.S. relationship.
The event will feature the Ohio-Canada Business Association Meeting with Keynote Speaker Lieutenant Governor of Ohio Mary Taylor, followed by an “Impact of Canada’s Election” panel, and conclude with a network reception for guests. See below for details:
Ohio-Canada Business Meeting – the meeting will feature:
- Keynote remarks from the Lieutenant Governor of Ohio Mary Taylor;
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency Director Craig Butler regarding Ohio’s role in Great Lakes Management;
- JobsOhio discussing its new appointment of a Canada Representative;
- Consul General Doug George of the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit;
- Quebec’s Representative for the Midwest Eric Marquis;
- Ohio-Canada Aerospace Collaboration;
- The Ohio-Ontario Legislative Intern Exchange Program, and more.
Impact of Canada’s Election Panel – a guest panel featuring leading commentators from Canada and the United States discussing the impact of the recent federal Canadian elections on Canada-U.S. relations. Key speakers include:
- Darrell Dexter, Former Premier of Nova Scotia
- Hershell Ezrin, fmr. Privy Council Office under Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau; fmr. Executive Director of the Canadian Unity Information Office under then-Justice Minister Jean Chretien; fmr. Chief of Staff to Ontario Premier David Peterson; Founding CEO of the Canadian Council for Israel and Jewish Advocacy (CIJA)
- Randy Pettipas, President and CEO of Global Public Affairs
- Dr. Chris Sands, Director, Center for Canadian Studies, John Hopkins School of Advanced International Affairs
Dan Ujczo, an international trade and customs attorney in the firm’s Columbus office and who has prior service in the U.S. and Canadian governments, will also provide recommendations for enhancing the Canada-U.S. relationships as well as discuss a Spring 2016 Canada-U.S. Summit.
Dickinson Wright’s U.S.-Canada team consists of a group of highly-trained, dedicated lawyers who are at the forefront of working with businesses and governments to navigate legal issues surrounding the largest two-way trading relationship in the world. Dickinson Wright’s cross-border expertise in corporate structuring, financing, and taxation – coupled with the firm’s unrivalled regulatory, real estate, intellectual property, and distribution expertise – makes Dickinson Wright a leading provider of cross-border legal services.
About Dickinson Wright PLLC
Dickinson Wright PLLC is a general practice business law firm with more than 400 attorneys among more than 40 practice areas. Headquartered in Detroit and founded in 1878, the firm has fifteen offices, including six in Michigan (Detroit, Troy, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Grand Rapids, and Saginaw) and eight other domestic offices in Columbus, Ohio; Lexington, Ky.; Nashville, Tenn. (2); Las Vegas, Nev.; Phoenix, Ariz.; Reno, Nev.; and Washington, D.C. The firm’s Canada office is located in Toronto.
The firm offers clients a distinctive combination of superb client service and exceptional quality. Dickinson Wright lawyers are known for delivering commercially-oriented advice on sophisticated transactions and have a remarkable record of wins in high-stakes litigation. Dickinson Wright lawyers are regularly cited by Chambers, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and other leading independent law firm evaluating organizations.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/DWOhioCanadaBusinessAssoc/prweb13060018.htm