SMi's 18th annual E&P Information and Data Management conference, taking place on 3rd - 4th February 2016 in London, will examine the key issues in management and analytics, what kind of objectives there are for data management and how to achieve these goals most effectively with case studies from an array of oil and gas operators including BG Group, DONG Energy, Tullow Oil and more.
London (PRWEB UK) 21 October 2015
In the event of an offshore gas leak, or similar disaster, where internal emergency procedures are launched, easy access to up-to-date critical technical information is of paramount importance. Oil, gas and engineering companies in particular tend to have large volumes of business-critical technical information which must be well managed to avoid exposure to risk and inefficiencies. However, many organisations struggle to build a convincing business case for investment in information management (IM), despite it being so critical in the energy industry. Indeed, IM is often viewed as a non-critical asset, which merely supports the business, so many companies are missing out on efficiency gains and cost savings.
Against this backdrop, SMi's 18th annual E&P Information and Data Management conference, taking place on 3-4 February 2016 in London, will examine the key issues in management and analytics, what kind of objectives there are for data management, as well as the different ways exploration and production companies can maximise the value of their information and data management to reduce costs.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Ross Philo, President and CEO, Energistics
- Neil Storkey, Information Management Manager, BG Group
- Magnus Svensson, Lead System Consultant IT & Documentation, DONG Energy
- Mesbah Khan, Solution Architect, Tullow Oil
- Patrick Schiele, VP Global Operations - Subsea Services, GE Oil and Gas
- Christopher Bradley, Information Strategist, Data Management Advisors
- Jill Lewis, Chair, Technical Standards Committee, SEG and MD Troika International, Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- Alan Ramsdale, Subsurface & Wells IS Portfolio Manager, Formerly Centrica Energy
- Ed Evans, Managing Director, NDB Ltd
View the full speaker line-up and two-day conference programme at http://www.epinfodata.com
Plus, don't miss four interactive conference workshops:
Tuesday 2nd February 2016
A: Effective Production Data Management - The Last Data Taboo | Hosted by: NDB
B: Implementing Data Privacy and Cyber Security Due Dilligence and Compliance | Hosted by: Charles Russell Speechleys LLP
Friday 5th February 2016:
C: C: Data Ingestion and Readiness for Geoscientists | Hosted by: Troika International
D: Data-driven Optimisation in E&P: The Solution to the Performance Challenge? | Hosted by: Venture
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/data/management/prweb13032635.htm