Scattered Clouds 39° Good Afternoon
Scattered Clouds 39° Good Afternoon
BusinessPress Releases

Flix Premiere's Founder Martin Warner to address the Future of Online Cinema in Keynote at the 69th Festival de Cannes and Marché du Film's NEXT Program

More than 105,000 People Worldwide Signed the Flix Premiere Petition to Democratize Cinema

London, UK (PRWEB UK) 6 May 2016

Martin Warner, CEO and Founder of Flix Premiere, the world's first online Cineplex, will address the future of online cinema during his keynote at the 69th Festival de Cannes and the Marché du Film's NEXT program, the festival's future of cinema forum. Warner will outline new models for film distribution and online movie consumption. Warner will also discuss how the new disruptive model of an online Cineplex will give movie audiences broader access to a greater variety of world-class movies and share updates on what Flix Premiere has achieved within the last year to democratize cinema. The exclusive keynote on May 18th will be moderated by John Hopewell, Chief International Correspondent for Variety Magazine.

This will be Flix Premiere's second event at the festival, following its debut at the 68th Festival de Cannes in 2015, when the company initially launched its mission to revolutionize the film industry by offering brand new movies anytime, anywhere.

"Each year tens of thousands of movies are made worldwide, but only 5% of these movies find their audience or recover investment. The other 95%, albeit most of them great movies, get lost in an archaic distribution system, without their audience knowing about them," said Martin Warner, CEO and Founder of Flix Premiere. "Each great movie deserves a chance to be seen. Using an innovative movie curation system and marketing model that gives each of these films the spotlight they deserve, we can connect these movies to their audience worldwide and - at the same time - give online movie watchers broader access to the types of movies they crave to see."

In 2015, at the highly anticipated Flix Premiere pre-launch party, the company also announced their Democratize Cinema campaign. This campaign enables filmmakers, directors, producers, movie critics, and all movie-goers to become involved in a mission that aims to provide one true single point of discovery for great new movies. This campaign is truly driven to help all underappreciated and overlooked films finally realize their full potential. As of May 1, 2016, more than 105,000 people have signed the online petition, expressing their hunger for a single point to access a broad range of high quality films with a hotbed of emerging talent. "Great films should not be dependent on who is in the movie, which studio produced it, or how much it cost produce, but instead on the power of story, characters, resonance, relevance and much more," stated Warner.

Flix Premiere is the brainchild of serial entrepreneur and film producer Martin Warner. The world's first Cineplex uses technology innovation to break traditional barriers and connect audiences with the work of talented filmmakers. Flix Premiere initiated its global roll-out with a soft launch in the UK, providing film viewers in the UK a new destination to discover movies across genres including drama, comedies, documentaries and animation.

Flix Premiere is currently finalizing their exclusive and limited guest list to the keynote; however, signing up here may be your best chance at attending what’s been referred to as “The Keynote of the Festival”.

For the original version on PRWeb visit:

More news

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to Newsday is free for Optimum customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.