Gate Precast is taking an educational role at DBIA Conference & Expo in Denver. The annual conference is expected to attract nearly 2,000 industry professionals.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) November 03, 2015
Gate Precast is showcasing the new Nordstrom exterior façade using an Insulated Precast Concrete System and highlighting the successes of Design-Assist Collaboration at Design-Build Institute of America Conference & Expo. The conference, currently underway at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, provides a platform for industry experts to highlight key aspects of design-build project delivery.
While at the convention, be sure to visit the following Gate-sponsored events:
- November 3 and 4 – Visit Booth 320 in the Exhibit Hall for a cross sectional view of the Thermomass Insulated Precast Concrete System. The cross sectional will allow attendees to view first-hand the system’s high-performance precast components and finishes. The Thermomass system is as strong and flexible as steel yet non-conductive and non-corrosive.
- November 4, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Room 501/502– During the CE credit-eligible presentation, “The Evolution of the Nordstrom Facades via Design-Assist Collaboration,” convention goers will learn how Design-Assist Collaboration can enhance aesthetics and control budgets from conceptual design to project completion. The Design-Assist process, combined with the technical expertise of BIM, enables precast producers to convey to building teams earlier in the design how high performance precast can help reach goals and optimize projects.
- Michael Lee, vice president of CallisonRTKL, has spent more than 20 years planning and designing retail and mixed-use projects in the U.S. and around the world. A senior project designer, he currently oversees the design and development of the Nordstrom Full Line Stores.
- Rod Johnson, senior planner and designer at Nordstrom, Inc., has worked on planning and design of retail and mixed-use projects internationally and throughout the U.S. His focus has been on planning and delivering integrated projects that provide a seamless experience for the users.
- Jim Lewis, director of architectural precast at Gate, is a leading expert in the field of Design-Assist Collaboration in the precast industry.
More About Gate:
Gate Precast Company is a subsidiary of Gate Petroleum Company, a privately-held diversified corporation headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Gate Precast has become one of the largest and most diversified precast concrete producers in the United States, with eight manufacturing facilities, and is known for its design-assist collaboration with design teams. Annually, the company is recognized as a top subcontractor by Engineering News-Record Magazine and wins Best-in-Class PCI Design Awards for a wide range of projects. For more information, please visit http://www.gateprecast.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/11/prweb13058983.htm