Sweden vs Latvia First Match-Up at 9:00 AM ET
Stamford, CT (PRWEB) May 05, 2016
ONE World Sports begins its live coverage of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) Championship this Friday at 9:00 AM ET when Sweden takes on Latvia. Live coverage of the IIHF World Championships continues through May 17.
This year’s IIHF Championship features current and former NHL standouts Connor McDavid (Canada) of the Edmonton Oilers, Max Domi (Canada) of the Arizona Coyotes, Pavel Datsyuk (Russia) of the Detroit Red Wings, Corey Perry (Canada) of the Anaheim Ducks, Mats Zuccarello (Norway) of the New York Rangers and four-time KHL MVP and reportedly NHL-bound Alexander Radulov (Russia) of CSKA Moscow.
Under an agreement with IIHF rights holder NBC Sports Group, approximately 20 of the games will air live from the host cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia, on ONE World Sports, America’s Network for Global Sports. The network also serves as the exclusive U.S. TV home of the Russia-based Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) as well as Europe’s Champions Hockey League (CHL) tournament, of which the IIHF is a partner.
Below is the schedule for games on ONE World Sports:
- Friday, May 6 Sweden v Latvia 9:00 AM ET
- Friday, May 6 Czech Republic v Russia 1:00 PM ET
- Saturday, May 7 Latvia v Czech Republic 1:00 PM ET
- Sunday, May 8 Hungary v Canada 5:00 AM ET
- Sunday, May 8 Sweden v Denmark 1:00 PM ET
- Monday, May 9 Belarus v Canada 9:00 AM ET
- Monday, May 9 Sweden v Czech Republic 1:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, May 10 Kazakhstan v Norway 1:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, May 11 Sweden v Kazakhstan 9:00 AM ET
- Thursday, May 12 Canada v Germany 1:00 PM ET
- Friday, May 13 Czech Republic v Kazakhstan 9:00 AM ET
- Saturday, May 14 Norway v Sweden 5:00 AM ET
- Saturday, May 14 Russia v Switzerland 9:00 AMET
- Saturday, May 14 Canada v Slovakia 1:00 PM ET
- Sunday, May 15 Denmark v Czech Republic 9:00 AM ET
- Sunday, May 15 Switzerland v Sweden 1:00 PM ET
- Monday, May 16 Canada v France 9:00 AM ET
- Tuesday, May 17 Czech Republic v Switzerland 5:00 AM ET
- Tuesday, May 17 Russia v Sweden 1:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, May 17 Canada v Finland 3:30 PM ET (Same day delay)
All games broadcast by ONE World Sports will be available across the network’s platforms including linear, web and app, Watch ONE World Sports. Highlights of all games broadcast on both ONE World Sports and NBCSN will also be available on ONE World Sports’ various platforms.
About ONE World Sports
ONE World Sports is America’s Network for Global Sports, producing best-in-class, captivating live sports content from around the world. With multi-platform capabilities and superior production quality, ONE World Sports is one of the fastest growing independent sports networks available throughout the United States. Currently available to more than 30 million homes nationally on cable, telco and satellite, ONE World Sports delivers live and exclusive coverage of some of America's most popular sports played professionally outside the USA -- basketball, baseball, golf and ice hockey -- plus sporting events with the largest global followings, including soccer and cricket. ONE World Sports is distributed through Verizon FiOS, go90, DISH Network, Charter Communications, Cablevision's Optimum TV, Mediacom Communications, Google Fiber, Suddenlink, RCN and a growing number of systems through the NCTC. In addition, the network's mobile app, Watch ONE World Sports, features a live stream of the network for authenticated subscribers and on-demand content for all users. More information on ONE World Sports and its availability in particular markets can be found at http://www.oneworldsports.com or consumers can call their television distributor. Watch ONE World Sports is available in the Apple and the Google Play stores.
Rachel Gary, ONE World Sports, 201-615-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/05/prweb13396113.htm