Virtual fencing feature creates established boundaries to secure data and devices; new expanded blacklist/whitelist capabilities increase web security
Boston, Mass. (PRWEB) June 22, 2016
• Virtual fencing feature creates established boundaries to secure data and devices
- New expanded blacklist/whitelist capabilities increase web security
- More scalable to protect an unlimited number of devices
- Web security extended to more browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
Quick Heal Technologies has unveiled the latest version of its Seqrite Mobile Device Management (MDM) software with new features designed to simplify cloud-based administration, improve device protection and better support policy requirements for small to midsize enterprises (SMEs).
Now available, Seqrite MDM 1.3 delivers increased scalability, with no limit to the number of iOS, Android and Windows devices that can be supported. The new features also streamline MDM configuration processes and provide more comprehensive reporting capabilities.
“The ‘always connected’ world we live in means that our smartphones and other devices are a natural extension of our work environment, and in fact, are now a requirement for optimized employee productivity,” said Farokh Karani, Director - North America, Sales and Channels, Quick Heal Technologies Ltd. “SMEs must anticipate the serious security risks that mobile devices pose. The threat of data loss and malware infections puts company data at risk and is very real. Our MDM solution is specially designed for SMEs, offering simplified cloud administration and over-the-air installation. And, employees are just a click away from completely secured access to company business assets.”
Key features in this latest Seqrite MDM update include:
- Virtual Fencing – Using geographical locations, Wi-Fi SSIDs and time as boundaries, Seqrite MDM is now better able to secure confidential SME data. Administrators can set up rules to allow or restrict device usage and application configurations. "Fence triggers" will send alerts to administrators when the device enters or exits assigned boundaries.
- Flexible Policies – Administrators can now apply specific policies to a selected group to secure devices and prevent data loss. Policies include preventing or restricting GPS access and blocking devices from connecting to other devices through USBs, which can be used maliciously to spread malware.
- Web Security Enhancement – Administrators can now add any specific keyword or URL to a blacklist or whitelist and can also block keywords, URLs or domains. Expanded web security now supports more browsers, including Chrome, Firefox and Opera, and incognito browsing as well.
- Custom Reporting Feature – A new custom reporting feature allows administrators to create actionable, results-driven statistics about all company-owned devices. Reports can be based on specific devices, user groups, date ranges, file preferences or profiles. Real-time graphical summaries provide information on infection status, app non-compliance, network data usage and more.
- MDM Automatic Upgrades – The new "upgrade setting" assists the administrator in keeping all devices up to date and secure with the latest version of the MDM client application. Not only does this give the administrator access to the latest features, but it also improves device security.
These and other new features combine with existing capabilities, such as over-the-air device enrollment and Panoramic Asset Management, to make Seqrite MDM stand out in the market. Over-the-air enrollment allows mobile devices to be on-boarded in just minutes through a few easy steps, and Panoramic Asset Management provides comprehensive visibility into details on each mobile device.
Seqrite MDM also helps SMEs better manage costs associated with company-owned devices through network data monitoring, which allows administrators to monitor data usage, Wi-Fi access or roaming data to understand how bandwidth is consumed and determine which apps or devices are using the most data. The
Seqrite MDM Unified Management Console provides further ease of administration with a centralized and holistic view of devices, infections and compliance status.
More details about this latest version of Seqrite MDM, including additional information on new and expanded features, are available here.
Resellers interested in becoming a Quick Heal/Seqrite partner, please contact 855-978-6117, email us at us.sales (at) quickheal (dot) com, or visit the Quick Heal partner page. For more information on Quick Heal, visit http://www.quickheal.com.
About Quick Heal Technologies Ltd.
Quick Heal Technologies Ltd.’s Seqrite data security product line targets small-to-midsize enterprises (SMEs) and is designed to simplify security management across endpoints, mobile devices and networks. For more information on Quick Heal, visit http://www.quickheal.com
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/06/prweb13503182.htm