TU-Automotive is excited to announce that, Craig Smith (CEO, Theia Labs) key team member of I Am The Cavalry and author of “The Car Hackers Handbook” will be presenting at this year’s Telematics West Coast (San Diego, October 26-27, 2015), the US’ most authoritative connected car data event.
(PRWEB) October 12, 2015
He will focus on the work done with I Am The Cavalry on their Five Star Automotive Cyber Safety Framework initially before opening up the floor for an ‘Ask Me Anything’ question session. With security of personal and vehicle data one of the key issues facing the automotive sector, it is more important than ever to draw on the experience of experts like Craig to ensure that the industry keeps their drivers and their data safe. Craig will draw on a varied 14-year career as a security analyst and automotive industry contractor, working alongside many of the leading global OEMs, to deliver a masterclass in cyber security best practice. Following this he will provide answers to any burning security questions the audience might have but haven’t known where to turn to for answers.
Craig Smith, CEO, Theia Labs said: “As your vehicles get smarter, so do the hackers. See what techniques researchers are currently using to circumvent vehicle security”
“It is absolutely crucial at this point in the evolution of the connected car to involve experts like Craig to ensure a safe future for data driven services and we are hugely excited to be able to help facilitate this at Telematics West Coast 2015” said Lucas Ainscough, Project Director, TU-Automotive.
What to Expect at Telematics West Coast 2015
- CYBER SECURITY - CREATING ‘FORTRESS CAR’: With the threat of hacking and remote vehicle access growing by the day, identify and protect the key attack vectors to keep the connected car secure
- BIG DATA: BIG PICTURE: From apps and advertising to UBI and diagnostics – break through the siloes to create an all-encompassing analytics platform that fully exploits the power of data
- WALK THE DEV. CYCLE TIGHTROPE: Tackle the interplay between standards, OTA updates & modular hardware to deliver cutting edge experiences without compromising safety
- COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR CAR: As IVI grows more complex and humans cede further control to ADAS; discover how drivers will interact with these new systems. Is this the end of the traditional cockpit?
- DEALING WITH DEALERS: With connected services proliferating and tech. R&D spend skyrocketing; learn to collaborate with dealers to ensure investment in telematics doesn’t get squandered on the forecourt
- AUTOMOTIVE - THE NEXT GENERATION: Ground-breaking West Coast start-ups are redefining the automotive industry. Hear directly from the disruptors who are taking the connected car where it has never gone before
Expect to See Top Level Speakers Such as:
- Ling Bai, Head - Business Development & Connected Services, Qoros Automotive
- Matt Jones, Head of Future Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
- Cason Grover, Senior Group Manager, Cross Carline Planning, Hyundai
- Mark Platshon, Senior Advisor, BMW iVentures
- Klaus Busse, Vice President Interior Design, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Steffen Neumann, Portfolio Manager, Mercedes-Benz R&D North America
- Thomas Gebhardt, President, Panasonic Automotive
- Toshiro Muramatsu, Director - Vehicle Information Technology Division Silicon Valley, Nissan
- Christopher Heiser, CEO, Renovo Motors
- Robert Gee, Head of Product Management, Software and Connected Solutions, Continental
- Brandyn Bayes, Director of IT and Marketing, North American Eagle
- Alan Ewing, President, CCC/MirrorLink
- Catherine McCullough, Executive Director, ICC
- Liz Kerton, Executive Director, AutoTech Council of Silicon Valley
- Andrew Hart, Director, SBD
- Praveen Chandrasekar, Research Manager, Frost & Sullivan
- Benedikt Brecht, Sr. IT Connected Vehicle Engineer, Volkswagen
- Rich Shannon, Telematics Division Manager, Honda North America
- Jason Schulz, Business Development and Partnerships Manager, Toyota
To find out more about Telematics West Coast 2015 speaker line up and agenda, head over to: http://www.tu-auto.com/west-coast/
Reserve your exclusive Telematics West Coast 2015 brochure with the complete programme here: http://www.tu-auto.com/west-coast/conference-event-brochure.php
Or contact the Telematics West Coast 2015 team at westcoast(at)tu-auto(dot)com
TU-Automotive is the reference point and communications hub for the evolving automotive technology segment as it converges with consumer electronics, mobile and IoT to re-define connectivity, mobility and autonomous use-cases.
Project Director | TU-Automotive
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
Office: +44 (0)20 7375 7586
USA Toll Free: 1 800 814 3459 ext 7586
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13014445.htm