That first week on the market is essential. Here are five things every seller should make sure happens:
1. Don't rush: Everything should be ready, from the price to the way the house looks to your selling strategy.
2. Cover all your bases: Hire a professional Realtor, or research what you should be doing if you plan to sell it yourself.
3. Price it right: If you're asking too much, your house is likely to lose the attention it deserves that first week it debuts.
4. Get ready for your close-up: Your online photos have to be excellent. Also, never list without any photos, thinking you'll add them later -- potential buyers will skip right over it.
5. Set the stage: Declutter, fix up, do anything to make the house look as appealing as possible.
For more advice, click here.