Deposed Fox News star Bill O’Reilly hinted in a radio interview Friday that he will take legal action against groups that he claimed engineered his ouster from the network last month.
During the interview on Glenn Beck’s morning radio program on the Blaze — O’Reilly’s first since his firing — he said, “This was a hit. In the weeks to come, we’re going to be able to explain some of it and it has to do with destroying voices that the far left and the organized left wing doesn’t like. That’s the general tone. I can’t get specific because there’s a lot of legality here.”
Asked by Beck whether he’ll elaborate on his ongoing podcast or in “other venues” — presumably a reference to courts — O’Reilly said, “both.” O’Reilly did not indicate he would take legal action against Fox.
Later in the interview, O’Reilly made reference to a group he said is funded by billionaire George Soros, the Center for Popular Democracy. A number of organizations directed protests against Fox News and O’Reilly after a New York Times investigation reported both had paid an estimated $13 million to women who said he had sexually harassed them over the years.
“Unfortunately, I was target No. 1,” he said. “It’s sad for me, sad for my family. It’s grossly dishonest. I did what I had to do to protect my family. Those days are over. When I’m attacked, I’m going to take action, mostly legal action. It’s not going to happen to me anymore.”