Celine Dion's husband and manager, René Angélil, has denied a report that the singer has scheduled an early C-section to deliver her twin boys, or that she made diva demands of the Florida hospital where she's to give birth - prompting an angry reply from the Palm Beach Post columnist who reported that story.
"There is nothing scheduled. We do not have a date," Angélil, 68, told People magazine Thursday. Added a Dion representative, her doctors "want Celine's pregnancy to go as long as possible, at least until the first week of November."
Of her reported demands, which included handpicking her nursing team and reserving a hospital room just for her security staff, "It's all false," Dion's rep said.
Palm Beach Post columnist Jose Lambiet isn't buying it.
"When did People become such a shill?" he wrote Thursday, irritated the magazine "is trying to refute [my] scoop that special arrangements had been made at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach." Lambiet said "a St. Mary's honcho tells me today that no reporter representing the New York-based People called the medical center to confirm that Angélil is, indeed, telling the truth."
The original story Wednesday said Dion, 42, has had four rooms set aside at the hospital's birthing center for her and her family, staff and security team. Lambiet claimed Dion is scheduled to have a 7 a.m. C-section on Oct. 22 under obstetrician Dr. Ronald Ackerman and perinatal specialist Dr. Ruel Stoessel. The hospital, he wrote, has outfitted Dion's room "with a microwave oven and a fridge as well as a queen-sized bed" plus further amenities not provided to others.
Dion's rep said, "She would never intentionally endanger her unborn children by scheduling a birth early like this."