Three-time Grammy Award-winner Drake says illness and not rumored production issues was the reason for postponing two concerts in Miami, Florida, this weekend.
"I just wanted to say how sorry I am about these two Miami shows," the rapper, 31, posted early Sunday to his Instagram Stories. "I got so ill so fast and I had never experienced anything like that in my life. Unlike other show cancellations or date adjustments due to production issues this one fell on me and I just want to apologize because I hate letting down anyone who come [sic] to share these moments with us. Thank you to the two doctors and nurses that helped me with round the clock care."
He added, "Miami deserves 100 percent and I promise that experience when we return. Thank you god for allowing me to recover and continue." Then following an emoji of hands in prayer: "on we go!"
His tour with the Atlanta-based rap group Migos had been scheduled to perform at Miami's AmericanAirlines Arena on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 21-22. The venue, citing "circumstances beyond our control, said the shows have been rescheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 13-14. Fans posting on the arena's Twitter account were upset that the weekend dates had been replaced by weekday dates. "People have work and school," noted one.
It was unclear if an advertised after-party with Migos, scheduled at the LIV nightclub on Miami Beach following Friday's concert, took place. No mention of the event was made among the club's copious social-media postings. The club's Twitter page also contained a pinned tweet from Sept. 17 promoting its weekly Sunday-night performance, which touted hosting by Drake on Sept. 23, but nothing on LIV's website mentioned the rapper.
Migos' social-media accounts said nothing about the postponements.
The tour's next scheduled stop is New Orleans' Smoothie King Center Monday night.