TODAY'S PAPER
55° Good Morning
55° Good Morning
EntertainmentCelebrities

Nicole Eggert files police report against Scott Baio, her attorney says

Nicole Eggert and Scott Baio were co-stars in

Nicole Eggert and Scott Baio were co-stars in the 1980s sitcom "Charles in Charge." Credit: Composite; AP / Invision / Richard Shotwell, left, and Getty Images / Tommaso Boddi

Nicole Eggert, after alleging last month that Scott Baio, her former co-star on the 1980s sitcom, “Charles in Charge,” had molested her while she was a minor working on the show, has filed a police report against him. Baio has denied the accusations.

Eggert’s attorney, Lisa Bloom, confirmed the filing. “Yesterday Nicole Eggert and I met with two police detectives from the sexual assault unit at my law firm,” Bloom told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement Wednesday. “Nicole answered all of their questions for over an hour and told her story of sexual abuse by Scott Baio when she was a minor. A witness, Alexander Polinsky, appeared as well and told the detectives about inappropriate touching he witnessed, as well as his own allegations of bullying by Scott Baio.”

No additional information, including the specific allegation, was released by police.

A representative for Baio, 57, told TMZ.com, which first reported the filing: “We’ve been demanding since last year that Nicole Eggert bring her story to the authorities. It’s good that she finally has, even if it’s part of a publicity campaign. Perhaps she can explain to them her ever-changing story.”

In a 2013 interview, Eggert, now 46, misstated her age as 17 rather than 18 when she and Baio had sex, but said in the same interview they had “messed around” while she was a minor and he was in his 20s.

More Entertainment