Shain Gandee, 'Buckwild' star, died of carbon monoxide poisoning

 Shain Gandee, from MTV's

Shain Gandee, from MTV's "Buckwild" reality series, in New York. (Jan. 2, 2013) Photo Credit: AP

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Shain Gandee, a star of the MTV reality show "Buckwild," and two men found dead with him Monday died of carbon monoxide poisoning, autopsy results show.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Cpl. Brian Humphreys of the Kanawha County, W.Va., Sheriff's Department said Gandee, 21, his uncle David Gandee, 48, and Donald Robert Myers, 27, had apparently died accidentally, the Charleston (W.Va.) Gazette reported Tuesday.

Shain Gandee was in the driver's seat of his Ford Bronco, which was found stuck in mud near Sissonville, W.Va., where the series is produced.

Coming soon: Newsday's Entertainment newsletter, for the latest on celebs, TV, more.

Comments now uses Facebook for our comment boards. Please read our guidelines and connect your Facebook account to comment.

You also may be interested in: