Though "Glee" coincidentally featured Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" on its recent Feb. 14 episode, three days after she died, the show is planning an all-out Whitney tribute, according to E! News and Entertainment Weekly.
E! reported Thursday that the episode will be dedicated to Houston, and a source said it will "not be a typical tribute." The source also told E! the episode will serve as a chance for the "Glee" cast to bid farewell to high school.
So who will sing what? Here are our predictions:
1. Since Mercedes (Amber Riley) has already sung "I Will Always Love You," she is out as the obvious choice to revisit the tune. Still, we can't imagine "Glee" producers will leave out Houston's most popular song. We expect to see Finn and Rachel duet on the song if their wedding doesn't pan out. Having both Cory Monteith and Lea Michele take on the song together may be powerful enough to pull off Whitney's signature hit again.
2. The girls of "Glee" may tackle "I Wanna Dance with Somebody." The upbeat nature of the song seems perfect for a classic "Glee" song and dance number.
3. Kurt (Chris Colfer) may take on "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" because of the strong vocal nature of the song and because of his possible impending breakup with boyfriend Blaine. (Sorry Klaine fans!)
4. We hope Mercedes takes on "I'm Every Woman" as a way to celebrate her status as a single woman now that she has split with her boyfriend and decided not to reunite wiith Sam (Chord Overstreet).
5. Mr. Schue may attempt "The Greatest Love of All," as some of his students move on in their lives. Matthew Morrison surely won't be left out of singing a Houston classic in this episode one way or another.