The new “Ghostbusters” website — ghostbusters.com — is up and running, offering at least a dozen new stills, posters and other images related to Paul Feig’s female-led reboot of the classic comedy.
The new pictures give moviegoers a little more detail about the actresses and their characters:
- Melissa McCarthy, as Abby Yeates, wears an odd combination of secretary glasses, a hunting-plaid shirt and an Army jacket.
- Kristen Wiig’s Erin Gilbert shows up in a business outfit whose V-neck sweater and modified bow-tie recall the late 1980s.
- Leslie Jones, as subway worker Patty Tolan, sports a blingy neckchain and glimmers of hair dye in her braids.
- The most eccentric-looking character is Kate McKinnon’s Jillian Holtzmann, looking like a steampunk-chic scientist in a leather jacket and aviator-style glasses.
- Also in the mix is Chris Hemsworth, in shirtsleeves and spectacles, as the women’s possible secretary or assistant.
A series of semi-serious-looking posters and group-shot stills — focusing on weaponry and jumpsuits — suggest that the new “Ghostbusters” may feature a little more straight-ahead action than the original films.
“Ghostbusters” arrives in theaters July 15.