How well do you know movie comedies of the 1980s? Find out in this quiz put together by John Panicola, host of trivia night at the Cinema Arts Centre in Huntington. Each question is worth 1 point.
1. What actress played Clark Griswold's wife in the "National Lampoon" vacation films?
2. Which actors played neighbors who become the Gate Keeper and the Key Master in "Ghostbusters"? (Score half a point for each actor.)
3. What actress could not get out of this place "without singin' the blues" in "Adventures in Babysitting"?
4. Which actress played the beautiful computer generated woman in "Weird Science"?
5. Who directed "Three Men and a Baby"? a. Harold Ramis; b. Leonard Nimoy; c. John Hughes; d. Penny Mashall
6. Which two actors were the dirty rotten scoundrels in 1987's "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"? (Score half a point for each actor.)
7. In "The Breakfast Club," the role of John Bender was originally considered for Nicolas Cage (insert joke here), and then John Hughes was going to put Emilio Estevez in the role before recasting him as the Athlete. The role came down to two actors -- John Cusack and the man who went on to make the role famous. Who spilled paint in the garage as John Bender?
8. In "The Goonies," who played the character Mouth?
9. Who played the deceased couple (spoiler alert) that were the previous homeowners in "Beetlejuice"? (Score half a point for each actor.)
10. Where did Prince Akeem decide he would find his bride in "Coming to America" (must be specific)?
1. Beverly D'Angelo
2. Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis
3. Elisabeth Shue
4. Kelly LeBrock
6. Steve Martin and Michael Caine
7. Judd Nelson
8. Corey Feldman
9. Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis
10. Queens, New York