TODAY'S PAPER
Broken Clouds 53° Good Afternoon
Broken Clouds 53° Good Afternoon
EntertainmentMusic

Ariana Grande suspends tour through June 5 after Manchester Arena terrorist attack

Shows at The O2 in London and a concert in Switzerland are affected ‘Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together,’ her management said in a statement

Ariana Grande has suspended her tour through June

Ariana Grande has suspended her tour through June 5, 2017. Photo Credit: Getty Images / Kevin Winter

Singer Ariana Grande has officially suspended her current concert tour through at least June 5, following the terrorist attack at the conclusion of her Manchester Arena show in the United Kingdom on Monday.

“Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost,” Grande’s management said in a statement on Wednesday. This affects scheduled shows Thursday and Friday at The O2 in London “as well as all shows thru June 5 in Switzerland.”

Concerts had been set for Antwerp; Lodz, Poland; Frankfurt; and Zurich. Grande’s next scheduled show is June 7 at the AccorHotels Arena in Paris. The tour was announced to run through Sept. 21, concluding in Hong Kong. No remaining shows were scheduled for the United States.

“We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless act of violence,” the statement continued. “Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together. Thank you.”

Grande, 23, apparently has offered to pay for the funerals of the victims of the bombing. Washington, D.C., ABC News affiliate WJLA and Vibe magazine reported that a Twitter fan page on Tuesday posted that the singer had reached out to the victims’ families.

A representative for the singer did not immediately respond to requests to confirm the post.

The singer was not injured in the explosion, which occurred outside the arena near the ticket office. On Tuesday she was photographed landing at her hometown of Boca Raton, Florida, being met on family. Grande had tweeted after the concert, “Broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.” Meanwhile, in the wake of Monday’s attack, Warner Bros. has announced it is canceling a planned premiere in London next week for its superhero film “Wonder Woman.” The Los Angeles Times reports. “Our thoughts are with those affected by the recent tragedy in the UK,” the studio said in a statement. “In light of the current situation, we will not be proceeding with our plans for the premiere and junket activities in London.”

The movie will be released June 2.

More Entertainment