Welcome to the Backstage Pass year-end countdown. Happy holidays! This week, we'll be counting down the best albums of 2010 and next week we'll tackle the singles.
15. Johnny Cash, “American VI: Ain't No Grave” (American/Lost Highway): " The Man in Black did not fade. He went down with grace and defiance and here's the proof.
14. Jenny and Johnny, “I'm Having Fun Now” (Warner Bros.): Jenny Lewis and Johnathan Rice jangle their way through '80s “college rock” and “new country.”
13. Cee Lo Green, “The Lady Killer” (Elektra): So much more great new soul than that expletive-filled song, as if that wasn't enough.
12. Corinne Bailey Rae, “The Sea” (Capitol): Her sadness over the loss of her husband is palpable, but so is the joy of “Paris Nights/New York Mornings.”
11. Superchunk, “Majesty Shredding” (Merge): Yes, indie rockers grow up. And this is exactly what the great ones should sound like.