#21 The Rocket Summer.
Welcome to the Backstage Pass year-end countdown. Happy holidays! This week, we'll be counting down the best albums of 2010 and next week we'll tackle the singles.
25. Terrible Things, “Terrible Things” (Universal Motown): The catchiest concept album about serial arsonists ever!
Exclusive subscription offer
Newsday covers the stories that matter most to Long Islanders. We dig deep to uncover the facts, hold the powerful in check and keep a watchful eye on Long Island.
Your digital subscription, starting at $1, supports local journalism vital to the community.SUBSCRIBE NOW
24. Spoon, “Transference” (Merge): The underdogs get some indie-rock swagger.
23. John Legend and The Roots, “Wake Up!” (Columbia): Inspirational civil-rights era soul for the new millennium.
22. David Byrne and Fatboy Slim, "Here Lies Love” (Nonesuch): The catchiest disco concept album about Imelda Marcos ever!
21. The Rocket Summer, “Of Men and Angels” (Island): Gorgeous, emotional piano-driven rock that dares you not to sing along.