#21 The Rocket Summer.
Welcome to the Backstage Pass year-end countdown. Happy holidays! This week, we'll be counting down the best albums of 2010 and next week we'll tackle the singles.
25. Terrible Things, “Terrible Things” (Universal Motown): The catchiest concept album about serial arsonists ever!
24. Spoon, “Transference” (Merge): The underdogs get some indie-rock swagger.
23. John Legend and The Roots, “Wake Up!” (Columbia): Inspirational civil-rights era soul for the new millennium.
22. David Byrne and Fatboy Slim, "Here Lies Love” (Nonesuch): The catchiest disco concept album about Imelda Marcos ever!
21. The Rocket Summer, “Of Men and Angels” (Island): Gorgeous, emotional piano-driven rock that dares you not to sing along.