Happy holidays! It's the time of year when we look back. Last week, we looked at the 25 best albums. This week, we'll review the 25 best songs.
25. Foster the People, “Pumped Up Kicks” (Startime/Columbia): The catchiest murder fantasy sing-along of the year.
24. Grouplove, “Tongue Tied” (Canvasback/Atlantic): The catchiest Apple commercial of the year.
Exclusive subscription offer
Newsday covers the stories that matter most to Long Islanders. We dig deep to uncover the facts, hold the powerful in check and keep a watchful eye on Long Island.
Your digital subscription, starting at $1, supports local journalism vital to the community.SUBSCRIBE NOW
23. Wild Flag, “Romance” (Merge): The indie-rock female supergroup did not disappoint.
22. Erasure, “Fill Us With Fire” (Mute): The synth-pop pioneers are as timely as ever with another thrilling dancefloor filler.
21. Patrick Stump, “Dance Miserable” (Island): Social commentary in the form of '80s synth-disco? You betcha. “Dance like you're disappointed in the world!”