TODAY'S PAPER
57° Good Morning
57° Good Morning
EntertainmentMusic

The Who reschedules its 'Hits 50!' tour as Roger Daltrey recovers from viral meningitis

In this June 28, 2015 file photo, singer

In this June 28, 2015 file photo, singer Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshed of the band The Who perform at the Glastonbury music festival at Worthy Farm, Glastonbury, England. The Who have announced the rescheduled dates for their axed fall tour, now kicking off in February 2016. The band said Tuesday, Sept. 29, that "The Who Hits 50!" tour will start Feb. 27 in Detroit. The band canceled their fall tour this month as lead singer Roger Daltrey recovers from viral meningitis. (Photo by Jim Ross/Invision/AP, File) Credit: AP

The Who's Roger Daltrey says he is recovering after being diagnosed with viral meningitis earlier this month, and the band says it can now reschedule its "The Who Hits 50!" tour.

"I am now on the mend and feeling a lot better," Daltrey said in a statement on the band's website.

The Who will restart its tour, which it has been calling the start of "a long goodbye," on Feb. 27 in Detroit and will run until May 29 in Las Vegas. Its Madison Square Garden show, originally scheduled for Oct. 27, has been rescheduled to March 3.

Tickets for original date will be honored at the new date. Those who can't make the new date can get refunds at the point of purchase.

"We will be starting our rescheduled shows in February and will be coming back stronger than ever!" Pete Townshend said in a statement.

Exclusive subscription offer

Newsday covers the stories that matter most to Long Islanders. We dig deep to uncover the facts, hold the powerful in check and keep a watchful eye on Long Island.

Your digital subscription, starting at $1, supports local journalism vital to the community.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Comments

We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.

More Entertainment