"American Idol" San Francisco got off to a slow start, but wound up with some amazingly memorable gems in quirky Emily Anne Reed, passionate James Durbin and made-for-TV Julie Zorrilla.
Don't be surprised if all three of them are in the finals.
Of course, everyone will also remember Drew Beaumier and his stunning red race car Transformer outfit. Below is how I ranked everyone. Put in your two cents in the comments, below:
1) Emily Anne Reed and her "old-timey voice," as Steven Tyler put it, blew me away with "You're Getting to be a Habit with Me." It was just so interesting to listen to. And she's really likable, almost like she's from a simpler era. Can't wait to hear her again.
2) James Durbin, who has Tourette syndrome, channeled Adam Lambert and showed off his huge range and passion. The judges loved him. He's someone everyone's going to root for.
3) Julie Zorrilla of the sparkly shoes laid out a sultry "Summertime" -- her big smile, good looks and charisma wowed the judges and had Jennifer Lopez musing, "Winner? Maybe."
4) Gospel-tinged Clint Jun Gamboa, whose glasses are like "Where's Waldo's," showed off what Steven Tyler called a "brilliant" tone on "Billionaire." Highly likeable and I look forward to more.
5) Car crash survivor Stefano Langone had Jennifer Lopez gushing about his "real star quality -- you have movie star good looks." I thought he was good, but he didn't blow me away with "Heard it Through the Grapevine."