So, you watched last night and figured there was just one yellow-ticket-holding Long Island contestant - that nice young lady named Leah Laurenti.
In fact...there was another: Meet Bryce Larsen of Greenvale.
His audition wasn't seen, but he was briefly, and Simon yelled out something like "four yeses..."
Here are the basics, via C.W. Post's full press release on our man; he's a member of an LI band, Stealing Jane:
- graduate of the C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University in Brookville
- A resident of Greenvale, N.Y., Larsen auditioned in Boston at Gillette Stadium this past summer.
- Larsen, 26, graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Music from the School of Visual and Performing Arts from the C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University in May 2007. As a student, he performed in the C.W. Post Symphonic Band, the C.W. Post Jazz Ensemble, the Long Island Sound Vocal Jazz Ensemble and the Long Island University C.W. Post Chorus. He studied under jazz musicians and educators Christopher Culver, Richard Iacona, Jennifer Miceli, and Lex Dashnaw. Between classes and performing, he worked part-time at the Pratt Recreation Center on campus.
- Since 2001, Larsen has been lead singer and rhythm guitarist for Stealing Jane, an eight-piece pop/
- Larsen grew up in Locust Valley, N.Y. and graduated from North Shore High School in nearby Glen Head in 2001. Following his graduation from the C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University, he gave private music lessons in guitar, piano, trumpet, violin and vocals to elementary, middle and high school students. He is presently a substitute teacher at North Shore High School. His father, Carl Larsen, a hospital radiology department manager, also is an alumnus of C.W. Post, Class of 1975.