Andrew Garcia and Thaddeus Johnson are the last two up for 'American Idol's' final top 24 semifinalists spot. Andrew's the favorite of a lot of people; I really like him, too, so it'd be pretty shocking if he didn't make it -- his "Straight Up" reinterpretation was awesome. I hate that 'Idol' producers like to pull this kind of stunt....
Thaddeus is the one who the band started playing the wrong song for. Hmm, Simon cuts him quickly and to the point, he's crying, Simon says, "chin up," but not in a mean way at all. Poor guy, he's sobbing; he really wanted this, "I did everything I could, they said there was nothing wrong with me." His mom, who's always been there, gives him a big, long hug.
Ellen is messing with Andrew, he's a humble, straightforward guy; not much fun yanking someone like that around, she puts him through, and he cries too.
They run my favorite piece of tape, the one in which each of the top 12 semifinalists dance crazy; the women up first on Tuesday. Then they show the top 12 guys, they're on Wednesday.
Here's my ranking of "American Idol's" top 24 semifinalists; lots of people I'm totally looking forward to getting to know, but I think overall it's another strong year for the guys.
1) Andrew Garcia, mad talent and huge charisma
2) John Park, Kara liked his lips
3) Jermaine Sellers, church singer
4) Todrick Hall, wrote his own song
5) Aaron Kelly, Florida Backstreet Boy
6) Lee Dewyze, told Kara he's always very confident
7) Michael Lynche, wife gave birth
8) Tyler Grady, 70s guy
9) Casey James, took shirt off
10) Alex Lambert, he's not Adam
11) Joe Munoz, have we seen him yet?
*12) Tim Urban, was shown as a semifinalist in the video montage at the end, but we never saw him make it through either yesterday or today. What's up with that? I actually liked him -- he's the one who I thought had real depth to him, sang "Come Back to Me" -- but until we figure out the story, I'm listing him with an asterisk.
**Speculation on other "American Idol" blogs was that Tim was a last-minute replacement for Chris Golightly, whose name was on some leaked lists and who may have been axed for one of the usual reasons between the taping of the show months ago and tonight's airing. Or he may have withdrawn, or who knows....
1) Katie Stevens, grandmother has Alzheimer's
2) Janell Wheeler, Tim Tebow's girlfriend?
3) Haeley Vaughan, flower in the hair
4) Didi Benomie, best friend died
5) Lacey Brown, haunting "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
6) Lilly Scott, white hair
7) Ashley Rodriguez, is in music school
8) Crystal Bowersox, with the cute son
9) Katelyn Epperly, father left them
10) Michelle Delamor, member of Faith
11) Siobhan Magnus, sang "Living in the City"
12) Paige Miles, don't know much about her yet
Who do you like best, or least? Tell us in the comments, below