To mark Bastille Day, which takes place July 14 , today we will honor a memorable TV trio that proudly called France their home — or at least they told the world that’s where they hailed from. We speak, of course, about “Saturday Night Live’s” other-worldly Conehead family — pop Beldar (Dan Aykroyd), mom Prymaat (Jane Curtin) and daughter Connie (Laraine Newman). Here are five things you need to know:
1. When they eat, drink or smoke, they consume “mass quantities.”
2. Coneheads rub their cones together as a sign of affection.
3. When Connie spoke too loudly, her parents told her to “maintain low tones.”
4. Mom and Dad are referred to as “parental units.”
5. Their pet cause was to repeal motorcycle helmet laws.