Once-homeless Cortez Shaw and Ramiro Garcia, who was born with no ears, soared to the top as "American Idol" hit Houston looking for its next Kelly Clarkson.
It was another weak night, but I really liked four of the five Hollywood contestants they featured. Below's how I rated them all; let us know your thoughts in the comments, or on Twitter using #ndidol.
1) Earnest Cortez Shaw really rang true on "Someone Like You," getting the judges to praise his charm, tone and his looks. Throw in a great life story -- was homeless at times, in school and working now -- and we're going to see him in the finals.
2) Ramiro Garcia got everyone to sit up and take notice with his simple, sincere take on "Amazing Grace." As Steven Tyler said, "I like what I'm hearing, I like your insides."
3) Divorcing mother of three Kristine Osorio belted out "One and Only" -- "that strength in her voice -- ooh, I love it," said Jennifer Lopez after her startling performance.
4) Baylie Brown was back, five years after she first tried out, with a simple but effective "Bed of Roses." As Jennifer Lopez noted, "that's a movie star name."
5) ATV-riding hunter Skylar Laine did what for me was an okay "Hell on Heels," but the judges saw a burgeoning country star.
Agree? Disagree? Tell us in the comments below, or on Twitter using #ndidol.