Let's go past the part about Sloan and E calling off their engagement and breaking up never being an actual scene in the show. We'll just accept it as offseason backstory and move forward.
E is clearly hurting from the dissolution of the near-marriage, which explains why he has yet to get his stuff from Sloan's apartment. We'll give props to Sloan for being nice enough to return the engagement ring, though. Those things cost mad loot, no matter who you are and what your job is. (Here's a hint: the bigger the gig, the bigger the rock, the bigger the deficit in your bank account.)
E has only been the nice guy in relationships, but seeing him turn his emotional pain into an all-out bender would be a unique twist on the show. It won't happen, of course, but what if it did? What would you want to see E do? Here are some thoughts.
- Take the ring on an around-the-world vacation, put it on the finger of as many girls as possible, snap a cell-phone pic each time and send it to her.
- Put it up for auction on eBay and send Sloan the link from the completed sale.
- Um, gentleman's club, anyone?
- Get Billy Walsh to write a scene for a movie about Sloan and the ring and have the scene be, uh, not too kind.
- Anyone heard from Season 1's Kristen lately?
- Return the ring, get as much of the $30,000 back and send her the returned receipt.
- Hello, Twitter! Is @Sloan'sring taken yet?
Again, these are just a few thoughts. Feel free to share your own.