Optimum Customers: Important information about your Newsday digital access and an exclusive offer.

LEARN MORE
TODAY'S PAPER
64° Good Afternoon
64° Good Afternoon
EntertainmentTVReality TV

‘Real Housewives’ star Luann de Lesseps rejects plea deal, prosecutor says

The deal relates to de Lesseps’ arrest in Palm Beach, Florida, last year.

Luann de Lesseps in New York last year.

Luann de Lesseps in New York last year. Photo Credit: Getty Images for Daily Mail / Slaven Vlasic

Sag Harbor’s Luann de Lesseps, a star of “The Real Housewives of New York,” has rejected a plea arrangement in a case stemming from an allegedly drunken incident at The Colony Hotel in Palm Beach, Florida, on Dec. 23, according to the prosecutor.

Prosecutor Dave Aronberg said in open court Wednesday, “We extended a plea offer. The defense has decided not to accept the offer, and to proceed with discovery,” his spokesman, Michael B. Edmondson, told Newsday. Discovery is a pretrial phase in which evidentiary documents are exchanged and depositions may take place.

The reality TV star’s attorney, Douglas Duncan of the West Palm Beach firm Roth and Duncan, did not respond to a Newsday request for comment.

De Lesseps allegedly had barricaded herself in the bathroom of a room that was not hers, and at other points had allegedly shoved an officer, slammed a door on another and shouted, “I’m going to kill you all,” the state’s attorney told The Palm Beach Post the day after the arrest. On Jan. 24, de Lesseps was charged with resisting an officer with violence, trespassing on an occupied structure and disorderly intoxication.

After being released on her own recognizance from Palm Beach County jail on Christmas Eve, de Lesseps tweeted, “I want to offer my most sincere apologies to anyone that I might have offended with my behavior. This was my first time in Palm Beach since my wedding and being here brought up buried emotions. I am committed to a transformative and hopeful 2018.”

More Entertainment