"American Idol" sent 45 contestants to Hollywood out of Portland, Ore., with Romeo Diahn, Jermaine Jones and Jessica Phillips topping the field with their strong voices and compelling stories.
Below's how I rated everyone.Let us know your thoughts in the comments or on Twitter using #ndidol.
1) Highly likable Romeo Diahn goes from a refugee camp to showcasing his sweet tone on "Is this Love?" -- like Jennifer Lopez, I loved his "vibe and flavor."
2) "Gentle giant" Jermaine Jones showed off his deep, sincere voice on "Superstar." As Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler both point out, he has a "natural gift" that outshone his nervousness.
3) Brooklyn's Jessica Phillips, whose boyfriend suddenly had a massive stroke, goes diva with "Again" -- she's got a big voice, sincere and joyful, and a great story.
4) Naomi Gillies belted out "Cryin'" in a totally stripped-down, slow way before going big on the chorus. She impressed Steven Tyler and got Jennifer Lopez to add, "the minute you opened your mouth I was like 'wow.'"
5) Blonde Britnee Kellogg pumped out an impassioned "You're No Good," got Randy Jackson to say, "I like the attitude, I like the vibe" -- but we'll see.
6) Brittany Zika says she's known as 'Tripster the hipster,' but just seems annoying to me. But she did show off a nice tone on "The Story."
Agree? Disagree? Tell us in the comments below, or on Twitter using #ndidol.