(EASY) EGGS A LA BENEDICT FLORENTINE
4 slices center-cut bacon
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 light multigrain English muffin, split
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Pinch dried tarragon
1 teaspoon white vinegar
3 large eggs
1. Cook the bacon in a medium-size skillet; transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Cut each piece across in half.
2. Place the spinach in the pan the bacon was cooked in; cook, tossing, 30 to 60 seconds, until bright green and just wilted. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Toast the English muffin. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and tarragon in a bowl; set aside.
4. Bring 2 inches of water and the vinegar to a boil in a skillet. Add the eggs, one at a time, using a spoon to gather whites around the yolk. Simmer 3 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and place 2 eggs in a bowl of cold water briefly to stop the cooking while you proceed with recipe. Break the yolk of the third cooked egg into the bowl with the mayonnaise (discard the white) and whisk until smooth.
5. To assemble: Place English muffin half on each of 2 plates; top with spinach and bacon. Use slotted spoon to transfer one egg at a time to sit on top of bacon. Spoon sauce over egg and serve. Makes 2 servings.
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 278 calories, 17 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 17 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 629 mg sodium
BAKED EGG WITH CREAM
1 teaspoon butter
2 large eggs
Pinch salt and pepper
1 tablespoon half and half
1. Preheat oven to 350. Fill an 8-by-8-inch baking dish 1 inch high with water; place in oven.
2. Rub the butter evenly over the inside surface of 2 (6-ounce) ramekins; crack an egg into each and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top with the half and half and carefully place in the baking dish "water bath." Cook until eggs are just set, about 22 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 98 calories, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 7 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 147 mg sodium
ARTICHOKE AND FETA OMELET
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup crumbled feta
2 bottled marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1 bottled roasted pepper, drained and coarsely chopped
1. Combine eggs with 1 tablespoon water and beat lightly with a fork. Stir in the salt and pepper.
2. Melt the butter in an 8-inch, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook, stirring occasionally to allow the top, uncooked egg mixture to seep down to the pan surface. Cook until the top is just barely set, about 3 minutes.
3. Place feta, artichoke and red pepper on half the cooked eggs; flip the other half over to enclose filling. Press down lightly with spatula until it just holds its shape. Cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes 1 serving.
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 289 calories, 21 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 19 g protein, 1 g fiber, 696 mg sodium