Some of the best gifts are homemade, especially from children. Whether you plan to hang on your own Christmas tree or give out as gifts to loved ones, this festive craft is sure to bring holiday cheer. I found the craft on Spoonful.com, a website from Disney that is filled with thousands of crafts, games and recipes for children and families.
Festive Photo Ornaments
What you'll need
- Pencil and ruler
- Card stock
- Jar lid, 3 inches or so in diameter
- Decorative string or thin elastic cording
- Glue stick or glue dots
- Shiny paper
- Craft scissors (optional)
- Glitter glue or stickers
How to make it
1. For each card, measure and cut a 9- by 4-inch piece of card stock and fold it in half. Starting at the fold, draw a simple ornament shape, tracing around the jar lid to create the round portion. Cut out the ornament, going through both layers but leaving the fold intact.
2. Open up the cutout and lay a 9-inch length of string or cording across the crease.
3. Apply glue to the paper just below it, refold the paper, and tie the string ends together to form a hanging loop.
4. Cut a square from the shiny paper to fold over the top of the ornament, using craft scissors for decorative edges, if you like. Stick it in place with glue dots. Decorate the outside with glitter glue or stickers, then glue a photo, trimmed to fit, inside the card.