In my ongoing quest to find tasty, kid-friendly food that's appropriate for the whole family, this week I chose a healthy, delicious cookie. I found the recipe in "Chocolate Covered Katie: Over 80 Delicious Recipes That Are Secretly Good For You," by Katie Higgins (Grand Central Publishing, $20).
Carrot Raisin Cookie Bites
(Makes 14 to 16 bites)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into coins
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, optional
1. Combine all ingredients in a high-quality food processor and process very well.
2. Transfer the mixture to a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag and compress into a ball.
3. Open the bag and shape the dough into about 15 balls, using your hands or a cookie scoop.
4. Refrigerate in a covered container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 2 months.