Get into the spirit of Halloween with this autumn-inspired craft from Spoonful.com, a website from Disney that is filled with thousands of crafts, games and recipes for children and families.
Jar-o'-lantern Candle Holders
What you'll need
- masking tape
- clean, dry jar
- orange acrylic paint
- battery-operated tea light
How to make it
1. Cut masking tape into simple jack-o'-lantern face shapes, such as triangles and squares.
2. Invite your child to create a face with the shapes on the side of a clean, dry jar. Brush the outside with orange acrylic paint.
3. After the paint dries, carefully remove the tape shapes. For a cleaner line, first peel up the corners of the shape.
4. Light your jar-o'-lantern with a battery-operated tea light.