Never quite sure what to do? We're here to help! Here is a Do This, Not That list that will keep you active and out of trouble and let you have lots of fun this summer:
* Hang out with your friends. You can go places like the local bowling alley, pool or park.
* Go ride your bike to free your mind and relax
* Go outside and play a sport like basketball, soccer, kickball with your neighbors or siblings
* Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated
* Eat healthy ice pops or frozen yogurt to cool off.
* Learn a new hobby
* Read a good book or magazine
* Find new ways to stay fit and healthy
* Park on the couch and watch TV
* Sleep the day away
* Stay out in the heat without drinking water or sports drinks regularly
* Eat ice cream all the time
* Sit around saying you are "bored"
* Surf the Internet
* Play video games
You can do the "not that" stuff once in a while, but if you really want to get the most out of your summer, stick with the "do this" list.
Game review: Likewise
I played the game Likewise (Buffalo Games) and this game is amazing. The object of the game is to write phrases, words or ideas that are similar to the other players' based on the topic on the card drawn from the pile. The most common answer is what would be Likewise.
If there is no common drawing/pick/description, etc. nobody gets a point. The topics range from Best Movie Star to Scary Vegetable. Anybody playing this game will laugh no matter the topic. This is the best game I have ever played. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys sharing laughs with friends or family. The game is recommended for kids 14 and older, but I think it is good for kids as young as 12, too.
Rating 4 smiles
-- MICHAEL MARELLA/Kidsday Reporter