Many kids want to have a cellphone. There are advantages and disadvantages to having them:
1. You can get in touch with your parents in case of an emergency.
2. You can text or call your friends without having to borrow your parent's phone.
3. Your parents can know where you are when you're not with
4. If your parents are late picking you up (from sports practice, school, etc.), they will have a way to contact you.
5. In addition to feeling safer, you can have fun when you are not with your parents.
1. You might not get the best phone, since it is your first one.
2. You cannot bring your phone to school, unless it is turned off or in a locker.
3. Your parents might call you all the time.
4. You have to make sure you take good care of your phone. You can't drop it or break it.
5. You have to be responsible for your actions and make sure you don't lose your phone.
What we learn as Pioneers
In my school, we do a special project called Pioneers. The project is fun and educational. In Pioneers, we get to pretend we are people from the 1800s who are traveling west. We get to imagine how hard it was to travel back then. We used wagon trains to get to the West.
In Pioneers, we get fate cards. Fate cards make bad and good things happen. With fate cards, delay points make the traveling more difficult, and energy factors can ease the trip.
When you get to a problem on the trail, you and your wagon train have to make a trail decision. You have to solve your problem. Also on the trail, you write four diary entries. Each tells about your life on the wagon train so far.
The Pioneers activity is so much fun.
--Kidsday Reporter Kristen Nicolino
Game reviw: Mario Party 9
There are a lot of Nintendo Wii games in this world, but Mario Party 9 is special. The game was unexpectedly amazing and fun. It has a lot of different features, such as party mode, solo mode and mini games. In the game, you might come through a few disappointments and a lot of great times.
If you do a good job, you can earn new players. We all want to win, but to do that, you will have to get a lot of mini stars and win the exciting events (games).
We think it might become a top-selling Wii game. Out of all the Wii games we've played, this is definitely one of our favorites. It's great for all ages.
RATING 5 out of 5
--Kidsday Reporters Jad Baajour and Woojoo Lee
CLASS OF THE WEEK: Elizabeth Hunter's fifth-grade Math Olympiad students, OTSEGO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Dix Hills