Materials: Plastic spoons, cheese ball container, hot glue gun, jewels (optional), rubber bands, staple gun, rings, battery-operated lights, chain or rope.
Make sure a parent is with you to help with the glue gun and staple gun.
Here are the steps for you to build your very own spoon chandelier:
- Get a large, round cheese ball container and wash it out
- Cut the spoon handles off (you'll need only the bottoms)
- Glue the spoons to the plastic tub in any pattern you desire
- Pick off all the extra strings of hot glue
- Decorate with the jewels (optional)
- Staple the rubber bands on the top, then take a ring and hook all the rubber bands on it
- Tape lights inside
- Hook your chain or rope on the ring and hang your chandelier on the ceiling somewhere
It’s a great winter craft and is sure to light up your day!
April Mindlin’s fifth-grade class, Jericho Elementary School, Centereach