Stress can be dangerous for kids at a young age. It can lead to problems controlling anger and depression later in our lives. We are heading into our last few weeks of school, and stress for some can be even worse because kids might be worried about getting good grades, so that is why we must minimize it early on. Here are nine ways to reduce stress.
- Start drawing. Drawing in free time can relax you, even if it’s just scribbling.
- Listen to some calming music. Soothing music can calm the mind and body easily.
- Laugh more. Laughing can make stress jump right out of you. Maybe dedicate a few minutes once in a while to spend time with your family and make jokes.
- Stretch. Stretching relaxes the body, thus calming you.
- Take a deep breath. It can lower blood pressure and heart rate, helping you feel calm.
- Consider getting a pet. Pets can soothe you by just watching or playing with them.
- Visualization. Visualize something calm and soothing, like waves reaching the shore or snow falling gently onto the ground.
- Exercise. Go outside and have fun. If you are inside, do a push-up or two or a jumping jack. Just don’t overdo it!
- Get more sleep. If you start to feel tired or get really stressed out all of the sudden, take a nap or go to bed earlier.
There are a lot more than this but here are five things that you can get stressed out about: Homework, a problem in school, a fight with a friend, sibling or family member, peer pressure, waiting until the last minute to do a project.