Summer vacation is less than a week away, and you don’t want to waste a minute of it! Personally, my summers can get pretty boring when my friends go to sleepaway camp or travel. Here are some ways to beat that summer boredom:
- Make a cool video and learn to edit. (For beginners, I would recommend using iMovie.)
- Have a spa day. You can either go out or make your own spa at home.
- Go to a trampoline park (like SkyZone or Bounce).
- Walk or bike to the park, with a friend or alone. It will help you reach some needed bliss.
- Have a sand castle contest with friends. Others at the beach will end up joining you!
- Babysit your sibling or find someone to babysit by making flyers and giving them to your neighbors.
- Learn how to sew from a family member or the internet.
- Play some fun online games (go to Cool Math for really fun ones).
- Organize your room or junk drawer for some well-deserved comfort.
- Help the community by volunteering and picking up trash at your local park.
Elisa Brosnan and Marybeth Clark’s writing and art club, West Hollow Middle School, Melville