The start of any school year can be a little scary and maybe overwhelming. We are new to fifth grade this year. But instead of worrying about it, we decided to think of all the ways we want to make it awesome. Here’s what we came up with:
- The first thing to do to make fifth grade awesome is get the right amount of sleep — about eight to 10 hours a night.
- If we don’t understand what we are learning, we won’t feel embarrassed to tell our teacher. This way the teacher will help us, and we won’t be stressed about it.
- Get new school supplies and keep them in good shape so we are always prepared for the work and projects.
- Eat healthy foods. Snacks like broccoli, carrots and green beans can keep us focused on learning and can be fun to eat.
- Make more time to read books we like. As long as we are reading what we like, we are learning. Grab a mystery or a graphic novel and enjoy yourself.
- Make everyone laugh at recess and lunch, and always be positive about ourselves. We will also welcome the teacher with a smile every day.
We think these would be good for any grade level. But since we are now in fifth grade, we think if we remember these thoughts, we will have a great year.