Looking for things to do with the kids besides heading to the beach or barbecues? From carnivals and crafts to performances, Memorial Day celebrations and more, there's so much to do on Long Island. Here are 10 fun, family-friendly activities for Memorial Day Weekend:
1. Annual International Children's Day at Molloy College, 1000 Hempstead Ave., Rockville Centre. On Saturday, from noon to 4 p.m. celebrate children of all nations with balloon animals, face painting, clowns, appearances from Elmo and Spider-Man, a magic show plus dancing and music from various countries. Admission: $15.
2. Disney's Alice in Wonderland, Jr. at Twin Oaks Country Day School, 458 Babylon Tpke., Freeport. If you're looking to to see a show, Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m., Stage Right Productions is putting on a rendition of this classic tale. Admission: $15; $12 for seniors and children younger than 18.
3. Country Fun Days and Memorial Day Weekend Celebration at Harbes Family Farm and Vineyard, 715 Sound Ave., Mattituck. On Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. enjoy live music, hayride with songs and stories with Country Jen, plant a flower, storytelling, pony rides, potato sack races, tug-of-war, pig races and more. Admission: Free, individual activity fees may apply.
4. Tall Ships Weekend at Mitchell Park, Front Street, Greenport. This annual event commorates the bicentennial of the War of 1812. Ships will start to arrive on Friday for the Tall Ships Challenge 2012. Then, Saturday through Monday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., you'll get a chance to board these sailing vessels and talk to the crew along with entertainment, refreshments, exhibitions and more. Admission: $7, free for ages 12 and younger.
5. Turtle Walk at Sweetbriar Nature Center, 62 Eckernkamp Dr., Smithtown. It's the time of year to count the Eastern box turtles. Enjoy a presentation on Long Island turtles and participate in a craft. Be sure to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to noon. Admission: $6.
6. Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach State Park, 2400 Ocean Pkwy., Wantagh. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels, along with other military and civilian performers, take to the skies above the beach in honor of Memorial Day. Admission: Free; $10 parking.
8. Train a Seal, Kiss a Sea Lion: Trainer Program at Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center, 431 E. Main St., Riverhead. On Saturday at 10:15 a.m. or 2 p.m., children 10 and older can work with seal and sea lion trainers and learn about taking care of the animals . Registration is required; cost $150.
10. Arrowhead Necklace Craft at Garvies Point Museum and Preserve, 50 Barry Dr., Glen Cove. From noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, create an arrowhead necklace. Admission: $3, $2 children ages 5 to 12, free for children 4 and younger; plus $3 craft.