Get into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day with this kid-friendly craft from kitchendaily.com, a cooking and recipe website.
Brussels Sprout Shamrocks
What you'll need
— Brussels sprouts
— green pipe cleaners
1. Push one end of a toothpick into the bottom of a Brussels sprout. Then push the other end of the toothpick into the bottom of a second Brussels sprout. There should be about a half-inch space between the two sprouts where the toothpick is exposed (it will look like a dumbbell).
2. Repeat this process with a second toothpick and two more Brussels sprouts.
3. When complete, lay one "dumbbell" across the other perpendicularly so the exposed center sections of the toothpicks cross. Bind the crossed toothpicks together by wrapping them with the top half of a green pipe cleaner, and your shamrock is complete.
4. Repeat with more Brussels sprouts and toothpicks until you have the desired number of "shamrocks."
5. Display the finished products arranged in a circle on a platter for a festive accent or centerpiece. When not on display, store the crafts in the fridge.