Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From a classic musical to famous circus acts, fall fairs and more, there's so much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Cirque du Soleil: Dralion at Nassau Coliseum (1255 Hempstead Tpke., Uniondale). Kids and adults alike can enjoy an unique performance of gymnasts, acrobats, musicians, comedic characters and ancient Chinese circus traditions this weekend with varying show times from Thursday-Sunday. Ticket prices: $40-$75; $32-$61 ages 12 and under; $36-$63 military, seniors and students; $7 parking.
2. Elves and the Shoemaker at Take-One Performing Arts Academy (1021 Portion Rd., Farmingville). On Saturday at 1 p.m., get into the holiday spirit early with a musical production of this classic fairy tale. Price: $12 ($10 advance) includes a drink and a snack.
3. Me and You Music Class at Balance Yoga and Healing Arts Center (680 E. Jericho Tpke.) Sing, dance and play instruments with your little one on Saturday at 1 p.m. at this music and movement class, hosted by the North Shore Mother's Club.
4. Nesconset Day Crafts and Street Fair at Nesconset Plaza (Smithtown Boulevard, Nesconset). This free event on Sunday includes live music, pony rides, games, a petting zoo and free rides for children; rain date is Sept. 16.
5. Annual Marine and Outdoor Recreation Expo at Captree State Park (off Robert Moses Causeway, West Islip). From 12-5 p.m. on Sunday, learn about fishing, boating, solar energy, water safety as well as sea animals in touch tanks, boat displays, arts and crafts and more. The event is free but there is an $8 parking fee.