Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From funny family performances to nature walks, circus acts and more, there's so much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Freckleface The Musical at Studio Theatre (141 S. Wellwood Ave., Lindenhurst). On Saturday at 2 p.m., enjoy a musical based on the children's book "Freckleface Strawberry" by Julianne Moore, about a young girl with bright red hair learns how to accept herself. Tickets are $10.
2. Game Farm Toddler Talk at Long Island Game Farm Wildlife Park and Children's Zoo (Chapman Blvd., Manorville). Children ages 2-4 will explore farm and zoo, learn about the animals, meet some of the baby animals, arts and crafts and more at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Snacks will be provided. Price: $45.
3. National Circus Project at Long Island Children's Museum (11 Davis Ave., Garden City). Watch circus acts then learn some of their tricks on Sunday at 1:30 p.m., for kids ages 3 and up. Price: $4 with museum admission, $8 theater only.
4. Family Bird Watching & Nature Walks at Inlet Pond County Preserve (Main Road, Greenport). Bev Prentice guides you on a family hike through Inlet Pond Park on Saturday at 9 a.m. This event is free; be sure to bring binoculars.
5. Target Rock Beach Discovery Adventure For Kids at Target Rock National Wildlife Refuge (12 Target Rock Rd., Huntington). At 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, children ages 6-12 and their parents can learn about the different parts of the beach, the processes that created it and discover the types of creatures that live there by collecting shells and identifying them.