Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From Ducks games to Arbor Day, "Martha Speaks," spring festivals and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family friendly activities this weekend:
1. Long Island Ducks vs. Sugar Land Skeeters at Bethpage Ballpark (3 Court House Dr., Central Islip). Cheer for the local team and enjoy a baseball game on Friday at 7:05 p.m., Saturday at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday at 1:35 p.m. Price: $11-$15.
2. Arbor Day Family Festival at Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park (1395 Planting Fields Rd., Oyster Bay). On Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., kids and adults can enjoy tree climbing, exhibits, a photo booth, crafts, entertainment, face painting, plant clinics and more. Price: $20 per car.
3. Dino Days Spring Festival at the Center for Science Teaching and Learning (1 Tanglewood Rd., Rockville Centre). The spring fest includes an animal show, story time, a Dino Dig, dinosaur crafts, a nature hike and more. Price: $10.
4. Theatreworks USA: Martha Speaks at Landmark on Main Street (232 Main St., Port Washington). Based on books by Susan Meddaugh and the PBS Kids television show, Martha the dog eats alphabet soup and is given the power of speech on Sunday at 2 p.m. Price: $18.
5. The Brave Little Tailor at YMCA Boulton Center for the Performing Arts (37 W. Main St., Bay Shore). Follow the little Tailor as he becomes the country's hero as he wins over the princess and the kingdom, performed by children actors ages 8-14 on Sunday at 2 p.m. Price: $12.