Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From magic shows and music to farming and a spring hike, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Ah, Real Magic! at BroadHollow's BayWay Arts Center (265 E. Main St., East Islip). On Saturday at 2 p.m., join Gary Ferrar as he performs everything from stage illusions to close-up magic. Price: $12 ($10 in advance).
2. Farmer for a Day at Suffolk County Farm and Education Center (350 Yaphank Ave., Yaphank). Children ages 3 and up can learn about life on a farm, meet the animals, feed and care for them, churn butter and more on Saturday at 11 a.m. Price: $8; registration is required.
3. Spring Sprouts Stroll an Early Walk for Children at Old Westbury Gardens (71 Old Westbury Rd., Old Westbury). On Saturday at noon, bring your little ones for a guided walk through the gardens to view early bloomers. All ages welcome. Price: Free with admission ($8, $3 children ages 7-17, 6 and under are free).
4. Brady Rymer presents Jump Up, It's a Good Day! at Long Island Children's Museum (11 Davis Ave., Garden City). Watch Brady Rymer and the Little Band That could perform interactive songs from their CD; recommended for children ages 3 and up on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 a.m. Price: $4 with museum admission ($12), $10 theater only.
5. Fun for Kids: World in a Bottle at Caleb Smith Park Preserve (Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown). Bring a clear, empty two-liter plastic bottle and create your own terrarium of plants on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Price: $4, $3 children (under 3 are free); reservations are required.