Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From Disney on Ice and Jack Hanna Live to a Rubber Ducky Party, a musical comedy and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Disney on Ice: Treasure Trove at Nassau Coliseum (1255 Hempstead Tpke., Uniondale). Mickey, Minnie and all your favorite Disney characters star in this ice-skating event. Classic tales such as "Alice in Wonderland," "The Lion King" and "Peter Pan" come to life on stage with special appearances from Belle, Snow White and all of the Disney princesses. Show times: Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Prices start at $25.
2. Cool Science: It's All in the Angles at the Maritime Explorium (101 East Broadway, Port Jefferson). Learn about winter weather by designing a "rooftop" to withstand a snowstorm on Saturday and Sunday from 1-5 p.m. Price: $5.
3. Live Performance by Trout Fishing in America at the Long Island Children's Museum (11 Davis Ave., Garden City). Saturday at 2 p.m., join this musical duo as they blend humor with country and folk music. Best for ages 3 and up. Price: $4 with museum admission ($11), $10 theater only.
4. Jack Hanna's Into the Wild at the NYCB Theatre (960 Brush Hollow Rd., Westbury). Get up close and personal with wild animals as Jack Hanna performs his show live Saturday at 1 p.m. Prices start at $49.50.
5. Rubber Ducky Party at the Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum (301 Main St., Cold Spring Harbor). Kids ages 2-5 can join a Ducky Scavenger Hunt, enjoy games and stories, and design their own rubber ducky Sunday at 12: 30 p.m. Price: Free with museum admission.