Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From Earth Day and "Snow White" to a children's festival, a scavenger hunt, crafts and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family friendly activities this weekend:
1. National DNA Day Scavenger Hunt at the DNA Learning Center, 334 Main St., Cold Spring Harbor. On Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. families can go on a scavenger hunt to discover the history of Cold Spring Harbor Village. Price: Free.
2. Spring Festival and Fundraiser at Rolling River Day Camp, 477 Ocean Ave., East Rockaway. Spend the day outdoors with carnival rides, games, pony rides, interactive crafts, playgrounds, face painting, entertainment and more on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. Price: Free, $10 for unlimited rides; rain date is Sunday.
3. Build a Biome to Celebrate Earth Day at Maritime Explorium, 101 East Broadway, Port Jefferson. Build a biome with plants and animals, learn how water bottles are recycled and create a habitat of your own on Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. Price: $5.
4. Circle of Life at Connetquot River State Park, Sunrise Highway, Oakdale. Kids ages 5 and up can learn about the diversity of our planet through activities and games on Sunday from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Bring a two liter, clear soda bottle with screw top for a craft. Price: $4, $3 children, free ages 3 and younger; reservations are required.
5. Our Changing World -- Earth Day Celebration at Long Island Children's Museum, 11 Davis Ave., Garden City. Celebrate Earth Day by finding out what you can do to help the more than 41,000 endangered plants and animals on Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. Price: Free with museum admission ($12).