Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From Halloween plays and not-so-spooky walks, to Lego building and more, there's much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. Not So Scary Adventure for Kids at Gateway Playhouse (215 South Country Rd, Bellport) on Saturday, Oct. 26 and Sunday, Oct. 27 from noon to 4 p.m. Kids can enjoy tons of fun activities like face painting and a pumpkin bounce house. Price: $10
2. The Boy Who Cried Werewolf at Theatre Three (412 Main St., Port Jefferson) on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 11 a.m. Families can enjoy this live performance and Halloween twist on the classic fable about telling the truth. Price: $10
3. Lego Club at Children's Museum of the East End (376 Bridgehampton Sag Harbor Tpke., Bridgehampton) on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 10 a.m. to noon. Kids can construct works of art using thousands of different Legos. Price: $10
4. Spooky Fest at Center for Science Teaching and Learning (1 Tanglewood Rd., Rockville Centre) on Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., and Sunday, Oct. 27 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Includes a spooky walk, a non-spooky walk for young ones, a live animal exhibit, arts and crafts and more. Price: $15 for adults, $10 for children.
5. Fall Family Fun at F & W Schmitt Farms (26 Pinelawn Rd., Melville) on Saturday, Oct. 26 and Sunday, Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pick your own pumpkins, enjoy rides and slides, walk through the haunted mansion, and explore Gladiators in the 7-acre corn maze. Other features include free hayrides, farm animals, pony rides and a straw pyramid.